A Little News

Thursday, February 14, 2008

To Debby - Thanks

To make amends for my idiotic poem in "Shakespeare Doesn't Live Here", two offerings of a different nature. The first I wrote driving home from Syracuse today, the second offering is a song I wrote and recorded for my wife a few years back.

Good times are easily shared
Fertile ground for love,
Which seldom grows in grim circumstance
Shallow love and shallow ground
Both bear jealous fruit
But the roots of true love grow daily deeper
The synergy of two as one can withstand all
If each has given all
Tragedy refuses to play favorites
Yet, unlike too many others,
Our roots remain intertwined
Though we live our love each day,
No Valentine's Day has ever meant more

THANKS

When you've been in love with someone
As long as I've loved you
It's hard to explain all the things that you take for granted
The words you mean to say, but never do

When you share your heart with someone
Like I shared mine with you
Your love may be spurned or returned
Sometimes I wonder
What did I do to deserve a love so true

When you share your soul with someone
Like I've shared mine with you
If love is pursuit of what's true
I think we've found it
It's plain to see in everything we do

When you'd give your life for someone
Like I'd give mine for you
That may seem old fashioned
But that's love, and that's passion for someone
For the rest of my life that someone is you

So thanks for understanding me, when you don't, at least you try
And thanks for holding on to me even though I've made you cry
And thanks for all the little things you always seem to do
But most of all, I'm thankful that I am so in love with you
And you love me too

Happy Valentine's Day Debbie - I love you!

No comments: