A Little News

Friday, February 1, 2008

The Super Bowl

Just a quick one folks. As a lifetime Giants fan, my sole hope for this Sunday is that they don't get embarrased like they did against the Ravens. I can't believe the 12 point spread - I'd take the points if I were a gambling man - but I think those points are going to drop before Sunday as the betting gets heavier.

Enough prognosticating - here's a great Super Bowl joke I got from J.R. this morning that I wanted to share with all of you football fanatics out there:

A man had tickets for the Super Bowl, right on the 50 yard line!

As he sat down, a man came down and asked him if anyone would be sitting in the seat next to him.

"No," he said, "the seat is empty."

"This is incredible," said the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl, the biggest sport event in the world, and not use it?"

Somberly, the man replied, "Well...the seat actually belongs to me. I was supposed to come here with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we have not been together since we got married in 1967."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else - a friend or relative or even a neighbor to take the seat?"

The man shakes his head, "No. They're all at the funeral."

Now that's a fan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have loved the Giants since I was a kid in the days of Y.A., Sam Huff, Charlie Connerly.

Go Blue!