A Little News

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

You Can Never Tell With Some Guys



I know, I thought the same thing when I first saw the title - what's the big deal? Happens all the time. Then I noticed the canine and I was sari I had made another assumption. Once this story starts making news, look for Governor Spitzer to proclaim dog/marriage licenses legal as long as there is guilt to be assuaged. The gay-lesbian-transgender community will then start a recall effort, supported by all county clerks, dog catchers, and the NRA.

Just when you think its okay being a guy - proud descendant of Adam - you hear of a masculidiot in Florida who makes all men step back in disgust. Imagine winning the lottery and not telling your wife about it. Having given much forethought to how things would proceed, our hero unplugs the TV for days; no radio, no paper - like Wilma is living in Bedrock and doesn't watch Fox News. Anyway, she finds out, gets a lawyer . . . write your own ending. I will not mention the name of this maladroit for fear of giving him unjust recognition. Google away if you must know if the sordid details.

As a species, we should forever give thanks to our maker that He created a man and a woman, and then gave them both the capacity to be as dumb as a box of rocks.

Giving thanks for the brighter side of life is easy once you've had a glimpse of what its like on the darker side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah man, way to make fun of the ignorant, superstitious, third worlders. Good thing Mrs. Reagan's astrologer didn't give her that same kind of advice.

Watson said...

Lighten up Mr. Inimical - you are obviously not a fan of word play, as that was the sole objective of the piece. I was not making fun of "third worlders", as you will note that I also mentioned a fellow American who whom you appear to be fungible. I guess you just can't please all the people all the time.