A Little News

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Ignorance as Bliss

Staying away from newspapers, radio and television is the double-edged sword that lies before me as I continue to struggle with depression. Having been a political junkie since a very early age, going cold turkey has been difficult. The use of the word "junkie" in this sense should carry every negative connotation that one associates with a heroin addict, or any other kind of junkie.


I feel great because I don't have any idea what's going on in the world, for which I also feel guilty. Now there's a line that's just begging for pop psychological interpretation.


I tried to take a quick peak at the Drudge Report the other day, and I saw that Herr Chavez says you'll be a traitor if you don't vote for the change in the law that will allow him to run again in 2012 (refer to my predictions in earlier blogs - anyone could have seen that one coming), the surge in Iraq is going well and even reported as such by the NY Times and the Washington Post (must be they were purchased by a vast right wing conspiracy group), and a true eco-warrier had himself neutered because it's selfish to have children.


I thought it was also necessary to propitiate the species.
(11-25-07 Thanks to Sir C for noting that propigate was the intended meaning and word, not propitiate)

I think I'll just look for the truly odd stories for a while, but then again, a lot of them are on the front page, just above the fold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember what Tommy Lee said in "Men in Black"; the real news is in "The National Inquirer"

Anonymous said...

pro·pi·ti·ate /prəˈpɪʃiˌeɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pruh-pish-ee-eyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object) -at·ed, -at·ing. to make favorably inclined; appease; conciliate.


I assume you meant propigate.

The Former Caz Flash