A Little News

Saturday, July 7, 2007

When It Comes To Al Qaeda - The Unbelievable May Be Believed

As I have mentioned in past posts, Michael Yon is an ex-serviceman who spends most of his time with the troops in the field in Iraq, posting reports that you won't find in the mainstream media. I encourage you to read his latest post: Baqubah Update: 05 July 2007 - you can check it out by clicking on this address or cut and paste it into your browser: http://michaelyon-online.com/wp/baqubah-update-05-july-2007.htm

There is an incident that was recounted by an Iraqi official who did not want his name used. I will not say that the incident actually took place, simply because I find it hard to believe, but also because there is no additional verification - yet.

It was the opinion of this Iraqi that Al Qaeda came into Baqubah, united the criminal gangs, and also employed young teenage boys in their efforts. They initially attacked only Shia, but then started targeting Sunni who did not agree with their approach. The story goes that one family was invited to lunch by the local Al Qaeda thugs, only to have their son served to them after Al Qaeda had baked him. If you go back and take a look at Michael's earlier posts from Baqubah, you'll find pictures of a massacre that took place, including women and children. Didn't see it on the main stream media news? Gee - what a surprise. It did make a brief appearance on Fox and The Drudge Report, but no where else I could find.

Whether or not the story is urban myth or factual, is there any doubt that Al Qaeda is capable of such atrocities?

Until the day I die, the position of the Democrat Party will remain incomprehensible to me. I say that because I firmly believe that if it were Billary who decided to enter Iraq, they would be firmly behind our efforts. To be sure, there are a small majority who just wouldn't support any war for any reason, but for most of these politicians, their position is politically motivated. That goes for the weak-kneed Republicans as well.

If you can keep a straight face and say that we're not fighting Al Qaeda in Iraq, then you are either a psychophant, a fool, or like Jimmy Carter, a repulsive combination of both.

Although I become less and less enchanted with President Bush's handling of the war from day one, I will never waver in my support for the troops or for the mission. The War on Terrorism cannot be ignored, nor can it be denied, as the Breck Boy would have us do. I will not submit to the sense of pessimism that the main stream media assaults us with every day; I will not let the terrorists change the way I live my life, and I will not support any candidate from any party who wishes to cut and run from Iraq.

If that makes me part of the minority in this country, then I'm damn proud to be a member of that minority.

No comments: