A Little News

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Sean & Benito, sittin' in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g . . .


My first mistake was turning on the laptop. My second mistake was going to "The Drudge Report". That's when I saw the picture - a picture that could launch a thousand stomachs. There was the epitome of Hollywood banality, Mr. Sean Penn his self, sharing an obviously deep thought with my Latin American hero, Benito Chavez Jr.

Those were my initial thoughts, but then all of a sudden it hit me - I don't know how I could have been so wrong about Benito Jr.. Now that Cindy Sheehan, Harry Belafonte, Danny Glover, and now Mr. Sean Penn have gone and met with him, I believe I can begin to see the error of my ways. When people such as these four graduates of the College of Real Politik stamp their imprimaturs on Benito Jr., I guess it's time for me to reevaluate my position.

I see now that closing down the sole remaining independent television station was for the benefit of the people. Forging economic and military alliances with Iran and Russia is obviously for the benefit of the people. Warning foreigners that they will be expelled from the country if they say naughty things about Benito Jr. is for the benefit of the people. It is quite obvious that everything Benito Jr. does is for the benefit of the people and he is indeed a great humanitarian.

I am going to start buying my gas only at Citgo stations - just as soon as I get that lobotomy.

No comments: