A Little News

Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Beautiful Sunday

Hello again - at long last. I have not been inclined to post of late because I've been enjoying life too darn much. When you consider the fact that our politicians continue to ignore anything other than being elected/re-elected, I'm just going to ignore them as best I can until November. It helps my blood pressure as well.

We finally have a beautiful day here in Lewis County, which means mud in the front yard and driveway. When the 2 year old and 8 year old grandsons finished yesterday, the clothes were left on the front porch for a much needed "pre-wash" before hitting the washer. I joined in the puddle splashing with the 2 year old a while back, but I'm not much for mud wrestling of any sort.

The only reason I'm not outside is baseball. The Yankees have lost the last couple, but are leading 2-0 as this is written. That's one of the great things about the sport, you can actually accomplish a lot and still keep track of the game at the same time.

For my friends who visit here regularly, I just wanted you to know that the lack of posting was not due to any slide back into depression - quite the opposite. I'm going to return my attention to the ball game and then head outside to play a little catch with my grandson. I coached baseball and softball for my kids, and this will be my second year as a coach for my grandsons.

What could be better than teaching the sport you love and all of it's accompanying lessons to 8, 9, and 10 year old boys and girls - especially your grandchildren?

I'm a lucky guy.

Blessings & Miracles

PS: The video was shot by a new Japanese camera that takes 2,000 frames per second!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go, Ben! Amazing how liberating getting out of the insurance biz can be.

HQ said...

Keep posting. So I can take issue with some of your viewpoints. DD really enjoys your posts and we have the grandkids thing in common.