A Little News

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Humor or Hatred? You Decide

Ladies and Gentlemen:

In lieu of a posting the day after Christmas, I'm going to refer you to the comments section of the prior post where I wished everyone a Merry Christmas. I do so for two reasons:

1.) Sir Charles left a beautiful message on Christmas's past

2.) Dave left a message

For those of you who don't know, Dave, whoever he may be, has taken it upon himself to become my radical-liberal overseer, taking delight in pointing out the errors of my ways. Here is Dave's note to me for December 26th:

"OK, it's the 26th.

Can we put away the bells and kettles, close the soup kitchens, take down the "Peace on Earth" banners and get back to the homo-hating, immigrant bashing, controlling women's rights, fear mongering, imperialist, war fighting, corporate welfare, and tax cuts for the rich?"

I would like to believe that Dave was just busting my chops and left the note above as a facetious post-Christmas offering. The only other option is that Dave is really serious and is ready to jump back on the hate-wagon as soon as possible.

I'm sure Dave will take the time to let us know his intent, so I will reserve any further comment until we here from Dave, other than to share my response in the comments section as well:

"God Bless You Dave - I hope you had a Merry Christmas and I pray that in the New Year you'll find a way to have that chip surgically removed from your shoulder and the stick removed from the aperture of your hindquarters."

Just for future reference Dave, Christmas is a very difficult time for some of us. I spent most of my day trying to focus on my grandchildren and not dwell on the fact that its been a little more than a year since my daughter died in my arms. Your petty attempts at either humor or sarcasm are duly noted, and I pray that you never have to experience the devastating loss of a child like I did. I'm not the first parent to lose a child and I won't be the last, so I'm not looking for any special consideration from you Dave, I only wish you the best and pray that somehow God manages to touch your life and bring you peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Watson,

Please accept my late but earnest condolences on losing your daughter. Many people have told me that the hardest thing in the world is to outlive one’s children.

Facetious, sarcastic, or a little of both. I noticed that the blogs, left and right, took a few days off from their usual hostilities to mellow and enjoy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Me too.

My comments were aimed at those radio pundits, politicians, and blogers grinding their teeth til they can put the brass knuckles back on and get going again.

I don’t criticize the values demonstrated during the holy days, but I despair that for many faux-Christians it only lasts a few days a year.

Anonymous said...

btw, it's hear Dave not here Dave.

Anonymous said...

Dave was just pointing out the obvious. Dave is saying the same thing Mike Huckabee is saying. Many of the oh-so-Christian conservatives are all talk and no action. He's talking about those that espouse Christian values on Holy Days and Sunday but forget about the other six days of the week.

Anonymous said...

Where's the peace, the joy, the goodwill toward men?